Welcome to The Norwegian Society of Rural Women
We are an NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) with 11.000 members. We have 427 local chapters around Norway. The first chapter was founded in 1917.
What do we work with?
Food traditions and cultural heritage
Inclusion and integration
Education and public health
Rural livelihoods and community
- Get involved to improve their local community
- Build community with other women locally, nationally and internationally
- Work and engage to develop themselves, each other and the society
- Every second year, representatives from all around the country gather to decide on what the organization will work with the coming years.
- Everyone can suggest ideas, and then we vote.
The central administration and central board work on
- Serving our 11.000 members
- Developing the organisation
- Putting the members’ decisions in motion